There is a lot of work to be done in Alabama.
1. We need to reduce infant and maternal mortality, especially among African Americans.
2. We need to increase access to culturally competent, affordable, and respectful care for rural and disadvantaged urban populations.
3.We need to increase access to out-of-hospital maternity care services through state-regulated Certified Professional Midwives.
4.We need to license and regulate birth centers.
5. We need Certified Nurse Midwives covered by all insurance policies and delivering babies in hospitals and birth centers.
6. We need to support normal, physiologic birth in all settings and increase institutional support for Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) options.
7. We need to promote the Midwives Model of Care as the ideal model for improving birth outcomes, reducing disparities, saving costs, lowering unnecessary birth interventions, and allocating highly trained physicians where they are most needed.
We depend on donations from supporters to fund our work.
Donations are not tax-deductible.
How can you help to spread awareness and seek solutions to these and other birth-related issues?
Join the Coalition
It's free. We don't share your information.
We'll contact you occasionally about events and legislation.